5.14.2010

Sleigh Bells


I just picked up Sleigh Bell's album, Treats. It's...weird, fun, catchy, LOUD, and really, really distorted. The best description I can give it is that it's a mix of rock and hip-hop beats with extremely heavy and distorted guitars, all accompanied by sugary-sweet cheerleaderish chants. Or you could say its the lovechild of chillwave, metal, and 80's pop. It's hard to describe. Just give it a listen. Below is a song from the album that's already been out on the internets for a good while (sorry for the huge player - also, if you click the link on there, you can listen to the whole album at npr's site).



2 comments:

Wade Holmes said...

Wow... I feel like I just got steamrolled. That song was really cool, so I decided to listen to the entire album on NPR and it was equal parts: fun, exciting, scary and intimidating. I thought the most "hooky" parts of much of the album were the lead guitar parts. Some of the guitar melodies were seriously awesome. The heavy distortion was cool (though, it was a bit much for me at times), but I still liked it... I liked the "we're trying to make you think your speakers are blown" approach to the mix. Good stuff.

stan said...

i'm really enjoying this...and it's no surprise that this post came from grant.