12.25.2010

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun: a melt-the-snow mix

Winter is officially upon us - the snow is dusting my front lawn as I type, and my heart is constantly threatening to cease blood-flow to my toes. I figure there's nothing better than a bit of music to heat up the atmosphere and bring some life back into the frozen corners of our homes and automobiles.

Here is a mix that might aid that effort. Merry Christmas!


1. Ce Matin-La / Air
2. D.A.N.C.E. / Justice
3. Seasun / Delorean
4. New Theory / Washed Out
5. In The Morning (featuring Andi Toma) / Junior Boys
6. As Serious As Your Life / Four Tet
7. Ready 2 Wear / Felix Da Housecat
8. Transformers (Ghosthustler Remix) / Futurecop!
9. All My Friends / LCD Soundsystem
10. Hello Jenn, I'm A Mess / Evangelicals
11. Fragile / God Is An Astronaut
12. No Comply / Studio
13. Baptism / Crystal Castles
14. Up, Up, Down, Down, L, R, L, R / Truckasauras
15. Windowdipper / Jib Kidder
16. A Paw In My Face / The Field
17. Don't Save Us From The Flames / M83
18. Flim / Aphex Twin

Download the full mix here.

3 comments:

will said...

please keep doing these mixes. i'm just getting around to downloading this one and the fall one, and i'm loving them.

Wade Holmes said...

Dude, thanks for making these mixes and obviously putting a bit of thought and time into these. Also, MUCH RESPECT for the time you posted this... 12:09 A.M. on December 25th.

clayheadden said...

Ben, I just saw this mix - it looks awesome. Any way you can upload it to a different file sharing site, such as hotfile.com or fileserve.com? Those two are not blocked at my office but most such sites unfortunately are. My only computer is at the office nowadays.

Love me a good mix - all the more so on Christmas day. Thanks man!

clay