3.10.2009

Flavor of the month

So I'm finally coming out of my Animal Collective coma, and I've been listening to stuff that is a little more...sugary. AnCo's latest album was poppy, but I've recently wanted something that immediately fits in with my musical proclivities.

Enter The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. I'm sure some of you have given them a listen. I don't think any new ground is being broken here, but I really like them. Think shoegaze. Below is the last track on their new album. The drums seem almost exactly like the drums on Jesus and Mary Chain's "Just Like Honey," but it varies as the song progresses...Actually it pretty much sounds exactly like a J&MC song.

3 comments:

regi said...

thanks grantly for posting this! i was wondering what they sounded like. i like it.

will said...

i was just listening to these guys on my way home tonight and i kept thinking "grant would love all this my bloody valentine/m83 stuff". then you go and post this and beat me to the punch. it's so good. i think "come saturday" is the best pop song i've heard in months.

grantly said...

Yeah - It's fun. Beth was listening to it in the car and wasn't really digging it. She said, "it sounds like 90's rock." I responded with, "I know! It's good!" Then I realized she meant that as a bad thing.
sigh.