10.22.2012

Lawd Have Mercy! a funky blue soul mix







I know this blog is basically dead, but I've had this one on repeat for quite a while, so I thought I'd share. Download it here. Enjoy!

1. I'm Your Puppet / James & Bobby Purify
2. Girls Can't Do What The Guys Do / Betty Wright
3. Choo Choo Ch'Boogie / Louis Jordan
4. Te-Ni-Nee-Ni-Nu / Slim Harpo
5. Ya Ya / Lee Dorsey
6. Nobody But You / Dee Clark
7. Queen of Hearts / Smiley Lewis
8. Bacon Fat / Big Daddy & His Boys
9. God's LSD / Professor Harold Boggs & The Boggs Specials
10. So Glad I'm Here / Bessie Jones
11. Corinna / Taj Mahal
12. Oh, Pretty Woman / Albert King
13. Mystery Train / Little Junior Parker
14. Fever / Little Willie John
15. Movie It Over, Baby / Gene and Eunice
16. Work That Skirt / The Bo-Keys ft. Harvey Scales
17. Crabcakes / Gunga Din
18. Black Out / Wess & The Airdales
19. I Am What I Am / Marva Whitney & Osaka Monaurail
20. Look At The Stars / The Bobbettes
21. Stop! / Lonette
22. I Can't Lose / Mitty Collier
23. I Dig Girls / J.J. Jackson
24. Gum Drop / Otis Williams
25. The Hoochi Coochi Coo / Hank Ballard
26. She Made My Blood Run Cold / Ike Turner
27. Hey Joe / Wess & The Airdales
28. I Got Soul / Tony Owens
29. Don't Be Angry / Nappy Brown
30. Treat Me Right / Eddie Finley & The Cincinatti Show Band
31. See You Later, Alligator / Bobby Charles

(Download Full Mix Here)

2 comments:

Wade Holmes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wade Holmes said...

Ben, this mix is delicious. Seriously, I'm loving it. (And, it's somehow working well during this cold-November/pre-Christmas music season.) That first son, "I'm Your Puppet" is pure gold. I've never heard that before. Along with quite a few other tasty tunes on here that I'd never heard. Little Junior Parker... so good. And, "Gum Drop"... love it.

In a similar vein, I've been really enjoying some Freddie King lately. Not sure if you've gotten into him very much? I'll share some links to a few of his tunes that I can't get enough of lately. Sorry, I'm just putting in YouTube links to these songs. If I actually knew how to use the Internet then I would use Media Fire (or, that My Space that I hear the teens raving about these days) and I'd make this much fancier and more impressive. But, I guess I'll just share these songs this way...

"Dust My Broom"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFN7IvYW0cY

"Same Old Blues"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95YlwLT5ZT4

"Trouble in Mind"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Qc0Y-tLoc

"Five Long Years"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL12amcHTXw

Thanks a bunch for sharing this mix.