12.31.2008

Ok Ok Here is My List

2008 wasn't an amazing year in music, especially when compared to 2007. So being in agreement with Jason and others it wasn't a great year for a lot of things... music being one of them. That said there has been some great music and here are my top albums.

10. Beach House- Devotion.





9. She and Him-Volume 1





8. Frightened Rabbit- Midnight Organ Fight





7. The Raconteurs- Consolers of the Lonely





6. TV on the Radio- Dear Science





5. Vampire Weekend- Vampire Weekend





4. Department of Eagles- In Ear Park





3. The Welcome Wagon- The Welcome Wagon





2. Fleet Foxes- Fleet Foxes





1. Fleet Foxes- Sun Giant EP






I know that you are all thinking that I am totally lame with my top two. But I think that they are the best of 2008. I put Sun Giant as my #1 because I am obsessed with the song Mykonos. They are both amazing though. I agree with Pitchfork that they both deserve to be #1.

Well that's it... like Jason I am lazy and didn't put up any tracks.
Bobert

2 comments:

stan said...

nice list. you should upload a few tracks from welcome wagon. that's a good album.

regi said...

i am digging she & him alot. it took me a couple of listens but then i was taken back to the early sixties and fell in love with the melodies, the light and soothing guitar playing of m. ward and the doo wap of this record. zooey deschanel is my secret crush. too bad she is getting married to ben gibbard. zooey, in another time, another place, we could have been happy.